Ketogenic or just keto is now the most popular diet, it’s a diet based on a low carb eating fund to help your body to change the fuel from sugar to fat (ketosis state).
Ketosis is the shift from burning glucose to fat for energy and this shift will give you lots of benefits due to the release of ketones in your liver.
So if you are looking to try the keto diet, continue reading as I provide you with all you need to create your own keto diet.
Keto Diet Basics
The keto (Ketogenic) diet is a diet plan based on reducing carbohydrate intake and increasing fats.
This change in the daily intake will force your body to start burning fat for energy instead of glucose.
To achieve this shift in your metabolism, your daily intake should be something like this.
|% in your meals||60% to 70 %||5% to 10%||15% to 30%|
Your body needs at least seven straight days on the keto diet to go into the ketosis(when your body does not found enough carbs for your cells will switch to burning fat for energy to continue functioning right).
It’s then when you will start noticing the change in your body and mental state.
Keto Diet Plan
Starting a new diet can be terrifying, especially a meal plan like the keto diet.
Keto diets, are a very flexible diet you can build it as you like.
In this diet plan, I will give you all the tools you need to build your own diet, and I will share with you all the keto diet tips to help you achieve these diet goals.
So let’s start with the food list that you can consume during the keto diet.
Fat is the principal part of the keto diet, and it helps your body to get into the ketosis to fuel your body instead of glucose.
While you are on the keto diet plan you have to consume between 60-75% of your daily calories from healthy foods.
Here a list of the fat that you can eat during the diet:
- Heavy cream,
- Greek yogurt,
- cottage cheese,
- goat cheese,
- cream cheese,
Nuts and seeds:
- Macadamia nuts
- Chia seeds,
- pumpkin seed,
- Nut butter made with almond,
- cashew butter or non-GMO peanut butter.
- Olive oil,
- avocado oil,
- coconut oil,
- sesame oil.
Fats from animal sources:
- fish oil
- pastured meat fats
- Hot dogs
Proteins should make 15 to 30% of the total calories you eat per day.
Protein is a necessary part to keep your metabolism going fast and smooth.
Here are some keto protein choices to consider.
Always pastured, organic and local if you can.
- organ meats,
- grass-fed beef.
You have to minimize your carbs intake, the recommended is between 5 to 10 % of the total, always choose non-starchy, fiber-rich carbs.
Here’s a list of same carbs.
- Leafy greens,
- Fresh herbs,
- lemon juice.
Water: Water is the best choice for hydration, and we all know how good is water during diets plans.
- Black coffee
- keto coffee
- bulletproof coffee.
- Infuse with lemon,
- Green tea,
- herbal tea.
This is the main different food that you have to eat throughout the keto diet.
Now let me share with you have to avoid.
Healthy Keto Snack Options
Snacking during keto diet is totally acceptable, but always stays away from carbs, high fat, and moderate protein.
Here is a list of keto-friendly snack list:
- Almonds and cheddar cheese
- Half an avocado stuffed with chicken salad.
- Guacamole with low-carb veggies
- Trail mix made with unsweetened coconut, nuts, and seeds
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Coconut chips
- Kale chips
- Olives and sliced salami
- Celery and peppers with herbed cream cheese dip
- Berries with heavy whipping cream
- Cheese roll-ups
- Parmesan Crisps
- Macadamia nuts
- Greens with high-fat dressing and avocado
- Keto smoothie made with coconut milk, cocoa and avocado
Avocado cocoa mousse
Foods to Avoid During The Keto Diet
During the keto diet, you have a void high in sugar, highly processed, and high in carbs to let your body shift properly from burning sugars to burning fats.
Here’s a list of the food to avoid.
- breakfast cereals and tortillas.
- ice cream,
- maple syrup,
- agave syrup,
- coconut sugar.
- high-glycemic foods are not keto.
- sweet potatoes,
- butternut squash,
- Barbecue sauce,
- sugar salad dressings,
- dipping sauces.
- vegetable oils such as canola and corn oil.
- Fast food,
- packaged foods,
- processed meats Those include hot dogs and lunch meats.
7-Day Keto Diet plan (Sample Menu for A Week )
- Breakfast: Bacon & Egg Cup with Avocado ( 2 cups contain 631 calories with 54.7g of fat, 26.45g proteins and 11.46g carbs.)
- Snack: Raspberry Lime Popsicle ( one cup contains 140 calories with 14.2g of fat, 1g proteins and 3.3g carbs.)
- Lunch: Pesto Chicken ( One cup contains 474 calories with 35g of fat, 37 g proteins, and 6g carbs.)
- Dinner: Baked Salmon (One cup contains 303 calories with 19g of fat, 31 g proteins, and 3g carbs.)
- Breakfast: Toasted Coconut Cereal (One cup contains 219 calories with 18g of fat, 9 g proteins, and 7g carbs.)
- Snack: Green Smoothie(One cup contains 114 calories with 10g of fat, 4 g proteins, and 3g carbs.)
- Lunch: Keto Tortilla Soup(One cup contains 452 calories with 35g of fat, 25 g proteins, and 11g carbs.)
- Dinner: Baked Chicken with Herbs(One cup contains 479 calories with 33.5g of fat, 32.5 g proteins, and 8.5g carbs.)
- Breakfast: Keto Bread with Butter(One cup contains 219 calories with 18g of fat, 19 g proteins, and 2g carbs.)
- Snack:Chili Pepper Cauliflower Bites(One cup contains 105 calories with 7.3g of fat, 3.3g proteins, and 7.3g carbs.)
- Lunch: Chorizo Casserole with broccoli cheese soup(One cup contains 379 calories with 32.1g of fat, 17g proteins, and 5.5g carbs.)
- Dinner: Chicken Marsala w/ Cauliflower(One cup contains 538 calories with 40.36g of fat, 37.36g proteins, and 5.98g carbs.)
- Breakfast: Keto Breakfast Sausage Sandwich(One cup contains 880 calories with 82g of fat, 32 g proteins, and 6g carbs.)
- Snack: Iced Bullet Proof Coffee(One cup contains 220 calories with 20g of fat, 10 g proteins, and 0.3g carbs.)
- Lunch: Eggs Salad(One cup contains 343 calories with 29g of fat, 13.9g proteins, and
- Dinner: Beef Stroganoff(One cup contains 410 calories with 31 g of fat, 29g proteins, and 5g carbs.)
- Breakfast: Bacon & Eggs Keto Breakfast Recipe with Avocado(One cup contains 583 calories with 48.78 g of fat, 21.1 g proteins, and 19.73g carbs.)
- Snack: Keto Fat Bombs (One cup contains 100 calories with 10 g of fat, 2 g proteins, and 3g carbs.)
- Lunch: Stuffed Chicken Avocado Salad(One cup contains 361 calories with 28 g of fat, 19 g proteins, and 5g carbs.)
- Dinner: Seared Scallops with Cheese Sauce(One cup contains 782 calories with 73 g of fat, 24 g proteins, and 10g carbs.)
- Breakfast: Italian Baked Eggs(One cup contains 214 calories with 16 g of fat, 13 g proteins, and 2g carbs.)
- Snack: Flourless Chocolate Tortes(One cup contains 414 calories with 20 g of fat, 8 g proteins, and 8g carbs.)
- Lunch: Smoked Salmon and Avocado salad(One cup contains 124 calories with 9.09 g of fat, 7.63g proteins, and 3.87g carbs.)
- Dinner: Chicken Satay with Dipping Sauce(One cup contains 416 calories with 39 g of fat, 26g proteins, and 6g carbs.)
- Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs Keto Breakfast(One cup contains 422 calories with 36.8g of fat, 15.4g proteins, and 10.6g carbs.)
- Snack: Snickerdoodle Bites(One cup contains 235 calories with 28g of fat, 0g proteins, and 0.2g carbs.)
- Lunch: Keto Chili(One cup contains 354 calories with 28g of fat, 23g proteins, and 5g carbs.)
- Dinner: Rib Eye Steak with Garlic Butter(One cup contains 581 calories with 45g of fat, 31g proteins, and 2g carbs.)